45 min Beer Experience - Monteith's Brewing Co
- Duration: 45 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Greymouth
- Product code: MBCTOUR
The Monteith’s Beer Experience is a walking, talking and tasting tour through the original home of Monteith’s.
We’ll take you backstage to learn all about our family of beers and ciders, from our history and how it’s made, through to pouring the perfect glass, direct from the tap. Learn everything you need to know about our former brewery in this fully immersive tasting experience, and leave feeling like a pro.
- Visit the Monteith's Museum. Hear about the original Monteith’s family, from the journey they started in 1868, to the award-winning and iconic brand it is today
- Go behind the scenes to our former brew house, and learn about global beer and cider styles, how they’re made and how a brewery operates
- Get up close in our former brewery, all with a beer in hand. You can even poke your head right inside the tanks for a good look
- Be hosted in our private bar by our expert guide
- Learn how to pour a beer properly, how to taste it like a pro, and tips on what to look for in the perfect brew
- taste the malts, smell the hops, and discover the New Zealand grown ingredients we use to make our range of craft beers
- pour your own beers straight from the tap
- relax and enjoy a few drinks in our Brewhouse
- select your own ‘pick and mix six’ – choose six 330ml bottles from our vast range of beers and ciders to take away
- Expert guide
- 15 minutes behind the scenes tour
- three beers (two that you pour from the tap, and one from our Brewers Series bottled range)
- 20-30 minute tasting and pouring session
- takeaway mixed-six-pack filled with your own selection
- time to explore backstage in our former brewhouse
- West Coast Passport full of Monteith’s Experience vouchers, plus 20% off some of the best activities on the West Coast (Treetop Walks, Shantytown, West Coast Scenic Water Tours, Franz Josef Hot Pools...) and a ticket for a free Monteith’s beer, to redeem at one of the Monteith’s bars across the Coast.
Duration 45 minutes (depending on group size). Click the Book Now button to secure your spot.
If you’d like to arrange a private group Tasting Experience for another time, please contact us on email@example.com.
Flat sole shoes must be worn on the Tasting Experience. Wheelchair friendly. Intoxicated persons will not be permitted. Under 18 passes available.
Monteith’s Brewing Co has free Wi-Fi and parking, bike stands, garden bar, an indoor and outdoor open fire, close to town centre and TranzAlpine station, wheelchair access, family friendly.